Be a part of our Air Force Cadets’ History
In 2021 the Australian Air Force Cadets will commemorate its 80th birthday. We are reaching out to all of our Cadets to create the official “80th” logo to celebrate our 80th anniversary in 2021, alongside the Royal Australian Air Force’s 100th anniversary. This is your chance to be a part of our history!
A Logo is a design symbolising one’s organisation, and is a graphic representation or symbol of a company name or trademark, often uniquely designed for ready recognition. You may also think of a Logo as a simple visual mark to identify your company product or service.
The Air Force Cadets 80th | 2021 Logo Competition
What type of logo are we looking for?
The “80th Logo” is one that will symbolise our diversity, community service and leadership. The logo should look professional, stand the test of time, celebrate our Indigenous and diverse roots as a nation, and be of a military theme. We encourage submissions from all Cadets to create a logo that will become the national AAFC patch for 2021 to be worn on our soon to be issued GPU uniform.
- The ‘80th Logo Competition’ is open to all current AAFC Cadets
- 1 logo submission per AAFC Cadet / Cadet team
- Members may collaborate on projects (ie. if one member has the software and another member has the idea). If members are collaborating, strict social distancing guidelines must be followed, whilst observing the latest health precautions from the Australian Government Department of Health.
- Logo must be your own original design, and not be plagiarised/in breach of copyright of an existing/pending brand
- Create your logo using Adobe Creative Suite, or any other (paid or free) platform, website or app that allows you to create a logo
- Logo focus must clearly show “80th” or “80” lettering
- The tag line “Past Present and Future” must be incorporated as an element
- Logo must use CMYK colour mode
- Logo must be of suitable orientation for transferring to a uniform patch, a printed letterhead, baseball cap, website header, email signature, etc
- Logo measurements (fit to width): 297x210mm (A4 landscape)
- Logo must work both on a white background, and a navy blue background, suitable for wearing on the new GPU (navy blue CMYK value 100/91/32/21).
Please submit your designs for both on a single A4 page
- Ensure you have flattened layers, outlined fonts, and export to PDF, JPG, JPEG or PNG for submission
- Logo must be no larger than 3MB to submit
- Due by Friday 05 June 2020 1700hrs AEST
Submit Your Logo
What will happen to your logo?
Your logo will be collated by the National Communications and Social Media team. Each Wing will have up to 10 shortlisted entries, which will be judged by members of the AAFC 80 Project Team, HQAAFC. The shortlisted finalists from each Wing will be notified by email, and designs will be published on our national social media platforms on Friday 19 June 2020.
The selected final 10 logos from across the AAFC will be displayed for all members of the AAFC to vote on. The voting link will be made available on our social media platforms on Friday 19 June 2020, and Cadets/Staff have 1 week to vote for their favourite. Voting will close on Friday 26 June 2020 1700hr AEST.
The 3 patches with the highest votes will be invited to a video link with CDR AAFC, DG Cadets – Air Force and Chair of the AAFC Foundation Air Vice-Marshal Kym Osley AM CSC to discuss their entry. With the winner selected and announced on Friday 03 July 2020.
- Credited with designing the winning AAFC 80th Anniversary uniform patch to be worn by all members of the AAFC in 2021.
- One off only framed picture with the first produced original patch with the ‘approval’ signature from the CDR AAFC
- $150AUD Air Force Shop Voucher
- New model AAFC baseball Cap
Runner Up prize & 2nd Runner Up prize
- $100AUD Air Force Shop Voucher
- New Model AAFC Baseball Cap
All questions in relation to this competition are to be directed to email@example.com