Wing Commnader (Ret’d) Gordon French AM
Married to Coral June French B.Sc.
Children- 3 daughters all married.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Yallourn State High School - Matriculation
RAAF- Numerous technical and management courses
University of QLD:
• Advanced Diploma Rural Business Management, Advanced Diploma of Agriculture (Dairy)
• New England University- Diploma of Corporate Direction-MBA partially completed
• Member- Gatton Campus University of QLD Strategic Management Committee
• Member Natural Resources Agriculture and Veterinary Science Faculty Board University of Queensland
• Adjunct Professor- University of QLD School of Animal Studies
• Chairman National Dairy Research and Development Alliance - 4 years
• Director - Genetics Australia Ltd. - 10 years
• Director - Agricultural Business Research Institute Ltd. - 8 years
• Director - QLD Dairyfarmers Organisation Ltd. - 6 years
• Director - Numinbah Pastoral Co. Pty. Ltd. - 32 years
• Chairman – NRMSEQ Inc (National Heritage Trust Regional Body) - Current
• Chair, Deputy Chair and Treasurer of QLD Rural Industry Training Council - 6 years
• Chair SEQ Catchments Ltd - Current
• Chair QLD Regional Groups Collective Ltd - Current
• Chair NHT Large Populations Working Group - Current
COURSES AND MEMBERSHIPS
• Monash University Agribusiness Cooperative Directors Course
• Member Australian Institute of Company Directors
• Dairy farmer in Numinbah valley - 35 years
• Flower grower for the export market - 4 years
NATURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• Board Member -Natural Resources Agriculture and Veterinary Science
• Faculty Board - University of QLD
• Member - Numinbah Valley Landcare - 9 years.
• Chairman - Qld Dairyfarmers Organisation Environment Committee
• Author - Managing Dairy Effluent
• Co - Author - Environmental Guidelines for QLD Dairyfarmers
• Chair - QLD Dairyfarming Environmental Code of Practice Task Force
• Member - QLD Farmers Federation Environment Committee
• RAAF Experience included command of 23 City of Brisbane Squadron, Director of RAAF Reserve and Cadets at Department of Defence. This involved the management of 9000 RAAF reservists and 7500 Instructors and cadets.
• Previous experience of management of aircrew and groundcrew teams including remote and overseas locations.