The Australian Air Force Cadets will be the premier air minded youth organisation in Australia.
Develop Australian youth in a military and aviation environment.
Aims of the Australian Air Force Cadets (AAFC)
The aim of the Australian Defence Force Cadets, which includes the AAFC, is “By predominantly voluntary effort, to better equip young people for community life by fostering initiatives, leadership, discipline and loyalty through training program s which are also designed to stimulate an interest in a particular arm of the Defence Force.”
From this, the following specific aims have been developed:
- To give cadets a foundation of Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) knowledge and discipline
- To develop qualities of leadership, self-reliance and initiative
- To develop character and good citizenship in the widest sense
- To develop an interest in the RAAF and aviation generally
- To instil a knowledge of aviation history, and
- To encourage cadets to continue an active interest in aviation into their adult life.